Chemical Spill in Saltburn

A pensioner from Saltburn in Cleveland became the unwitting victim of an unfortunate cocktail of household cleaning products as she disposed of some of them down her kitchen sink.

The alarm was raised on Friday after she had inadvertently disposed of two types of cleaning products down her sink and became overcome by the fumes caused as they mixed.

As she was taken to hospital with breathing difficulties and for further treatment the fire brigade, who had been at the scene from the time of the initial emergency call entered the building in protective chemical suits to ascertain the level of chemical spill and begin cleaning up the chemicals.

Emergency services attend the scene

Fire crews wait for the go-ahead to enter the building

Crews get ready in their Breathing Apparatus

The BA Control Board is completed as the crews enter

Crews approach the property…

…and walk towards the front door

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s